Not logged in - Login

2016_0816 IWDW operations

Date: Aug. 16, 2016
Time: 2:00-3:30pm MDT
Riehl Conference room


  1. DW operations, tasks underway/about to finish, hardware/software maintenance/upgrades, in/out file transfers
  2. Completing 2011b transfer
  3. Source apportionment tools for Denver Ozone and Southern New Mexico Ozone Study
  4. Status of NPS initiative work by Dustin
  5. new ArcGIS support request from ARD
  6. Data transfer cost recovery
  7. MT-Dakotas expansion
  8. Need for Cooperator outreach – Stewards, Technical Committee, other
  9. Monitoring network assessment
  10. Modeling RFP and contract process/schedule
  11. Other topics


1 - DW operations overview: Team will revisit GLOBUS ftp; set up may be easier now that ACNS manages firewall. Dustin has been testing scrapper scripts for AirWaterGas project; he plans to get these running in their original configuration using PostgreSQL. Rodger will tie up status docs.

2 - Rodger will follow up with Zac/Ralph regarding 2011b transfer status.

3 - ENVIRON will be delivering new SA tools and documentation for Denver O3 and SNMOS. Both are 2011b based modeling studies. Will need to create separate "study" categories on both IWDW SA tool section and wiki.

4 - Dustin recapped his work with NPS haze imaging. He will keep Tom in the loop regarding time allocations.

5 - Future NPS requests for GIS support will proceed on a trial basis.

6 - Shawn laid out a couple options for IWDW cost recovery. IWDW Team will propose options in advance of next Tech. Comm. meeting.

7 - Tom issued emissions contract to ENVIRON for expansion.

8 - IWDW Team will reach out to Tech. Comm. etc., following release of modeling RFP. Possible date for next Tech. Comm. meeting in Oct.

9 - Rodger will draft outline for network assessment. Add NM, MT & Dakotas, OKT. Should compare current network with goal set in previous network assessment. Roll out plan to TC in Oct.

10 - Modeling RFP scheduled to got out for bid shortly.

11 - Gail requested layer 1 output for 2011b "clean" SA run. Rodger will fwd request to Ralph. IWDW Team will follow up with meeting on Sept 20.

Action Items

Rodger - IWDW status documents; 2011b file transfer status; Network assessment outline; R3 SA file output request to Ralph

Dustin - Continue AirWaterGas "Scraper" work; proceed with ARD GIS support; revisit GLOBUS ftp setup.

Team - propose strawman for cost recovery

Tentative agenda for Sept 20 follow up meeting

  1. Select date and time window (Oct. 11, 14, 27, 28 are open for me – could do week of Oct. 3rd if we will be ready) for Technical Committee call – proposed topics:
  2. DW status
  3. DW monetization and cost recovery
  4. Monitoring network assessment methodology
  5. Status check
  6. Status of NPS initiative work by Dustin
  7. new ArcGIS support request from ARD
  8. Modeling RFP and contract process/schedule
  9. Other topics