Not logged in - Login
< back

Non-EGU Point Workgroup

Collaborative Wiki Main Page

Inventory Collaborative Google Drive Link

Non-EGU Point Workgroup Charge


Co-leads: Tammy Manning (North Carolina), Caroline Farkas (EPA)

Anna Wood (Alabama), Brian Sullins (Alabama), Ben Cordes (Kentucky), Chad Wilbanks (South Carolina), Craig Henrikson (Montana), Deb Basnight (Georgia), Richard McDonald (Georgia), Hannah Ashenafi (Maryland), Jay Koch (Indiana), Jon Loftus (Wisconsin), Ken Newkirk (New York), Laura Stevens (New York), John Barnes (New York), Ken Santlal (Massachusetts), Kotur Narasimhan (Virginia), Thomas Foster (Virginia), Adam Lewis (New Jersey), Lynn Deahl (Kansas), Mike Maleski (Ohio), James Smith (Tennessee), Ron Thomas (Texas), Doug Boyer (Texas), Roslyn Higgin (New Mexico), Scott Hanks (Utah), Peter Verschoor (Utah), Vanessa Crandell-Beck (Alaska), Molly Birnbaum (Alaska), Wendy Jacobs (Connecticut), Steve Potter (Connecticut), Bryan Oshinski (Pennsylvania), Sylvia Vanderspek (California), Stephanie Huber (California), Ron Ryan (EPA), Brian Keaveny (EPA), Eric Svingen (EPA), Jenny Liljegren (EPA), Joseph Jakuta (OTC), Michael Leslie (EPA)

Non-EGU Point Committee Meetings

Held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Eastern.

February 20, 2018




  • Welcome
    • Roll Call
  • Review/Answer Questions from last Call
  • Aircraft subgroup
  • Upcoming data being sent, what else would be helpful?
  • Action Items



January 29, 2018


CT, MA, NY, NJ, PA, VA, Joseph Jakuta (OTC), NC, AL, GA, OH, WI, Eric Svingen (EPA R5), TX, KS, MT, CA, AK, Ron Ryan (EPA), Jenny Lijegren (EPA), Brian Keaveny (EPA), Caroline Farkas (EPA)


  • Welcome
    • Co-chair Introductions
    • Roll Call
  • Introduction to overall Collaborative Workgroup effort
  • Introduction to non-EGU Point Workgroup
    • Charge
    • Subgroups
  • Administrative Items
    • Recurring Meetings
    • Google Drive
    • Wiki
    • Action Item
  • Questions?


Introduction to overall Collaborative Workgroup effort

  • Overall goals of this workgroup are to collaboratively generate the data files necessary to develop the 2016 Emission Modeling Platform. Create a projection methodology for future years 2023 and 2028 to augment the needs of SLTs. There are 10 groups working on this effort and the work will be accomplished in three phases;
    • Determine the appropriateness of the 2016alpha inventory developed by EPA and suggest improvements.
    • Develop 2016beta and projection methodology to 2028.
    • Finalize 2016v1 with projections to 2023 and 2028
  • For those SLTs that cannot access GoogleDrive at work, files have been copied to Wiki. Another strategy for file sharing may have to be implemented depending on file size.

Introduction to non-EGU Point Workgroup

  • Introduced group to Point Non-EGU WorkGroup Charge. The whole process should be approximately one year. As the group works through items in charge, the specification sheet needs to be completed.
  • Charge workgroup organization: there will be two sub-groups established to target specific data issues;
    • Projection-discuss and develop projection methodology for 2023 and 2028.
    • Aircraft-discuss and develop how to handle aircraft in point non-egu inventory
  • Initial data file, draft 2016alpha, should be available the first or second week of February. Ron Ryan says that 2014v2 point source data has been completed and is available in EIS.

Administrative Items

  • Recurring Meeting: 3rd Tuesday at 1400 EST. Next meeting will be February 20.
  • Google Drive
  • Wiki
    • For those who cannot access Google Drive, smaller files will be posted on Wiki when possible

Action Items

  • Members of work group read over charge and provide comments if you have any.
  • Caroline will work on Google Drive access issue.
  • Let co-chairs know if you have an interest in participating on sub-groups or if you would like to lead one of the subgroups.

Questions and Comments from Meeting

  • How is the group going to get data/input on data from SLTs that are not participating on work group call?
  • Specification Spreadsheet wording could be improved and the example spreadsheet may not be the most appropriate format/example for point source work. It is an agriculture spreadsheet.
    • There are field in EIS that are used when submitting data, could these be used for documentation?
  • How to fill in data not submitted by SLTs for 2016? 2014v2 projected to 2016? Ask SLTs to submit all collected data to EIS even if not required by AERR? Other options?
  • What about point subtraction? How will we avoid double counting?
  • Use trending methodology to generate projections?
  • Aircraft in 2016alpha? Or grown from 2014v2? It was noted that states may only submit partial inventories for 2016 aircraft.
  • Format for final deliverable data files=Smoke input files.
  • Will SPECIATE be used to augment 2016alpha? Sent email to Madeleine Strum
  • What do you see as the main use for the products of this workgroup?
    • Main use of 2016 Emission Modeling Platform would be PM and Ozone modeling. May be able to incorporate work by MARAMA on EMF.
  • How to treat small power generators, i.e. peaking units? Will these units be included in non-EGU point? There are identifiers for these units and could be used to flag units in SMOLE files. Northeast has been working on a similar issue and may have guidance.
    • Ron Ryan noted that many of these go into an IPM file but some do exist in non-EGU file. How will we identify these units?
    • May be determined by overall project coordinators Alison and Zac.
  • Why does the charge have the group projecting to 2028 first rather than 2023?

Next Call: February 20, 2018 at 2pm EST