Base 2011b CAMx and CMAQ Modeling Results
The WAQS_Base11b base case model performance was evaluated against concurrent measured ambient concentrations using graphical displays of model performance and statistical model performance measures. The CAMx and CMAQ performance were compared against established model performance goals and criteria, following the procedures recommended in EPA’s photochemical modeling guidance documents. The evaluation included sub-regional evaluations for Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and New Mexico; and evaluations by month and season.
Modeling Performance Evaluation Report (Jan 2016)
- WRF Winter Configuration: January - March
- NEI2011v2 modeling platform inventories used for all emissions categories other than for the 3SAQS O&G basins
- NEI2011v2 Inventories for non-3SAQS O&G data
- 3SAQS 2nd phase O&G inventories
- Reconciliation between NEI2011v2 and 3SAQS 2nd Phase inventories
- PMDETAIL 2011v2
- Residential Wood Combustion
- 50% reduction in all RWC species from the NEI2011v2
- CMAQ run for 36/12/4-km modeling domains rather than only the 4-km domain.
- Boundary Conditions
- NOAA/NCAR MOZART with dust and seasalt set to 0.0
- Snow cover/albedo fix for winter O3
- Oil and gas emissions for the Williston Basin in Montana and the Great Plains Basin in the Dakotas are missing from simulation Base11b. The IWDW generated Base11b_v2 CAMx and CMAQ-ready emissions that include the missing Montana/Dakotas oil and gas sources. While these emissions data have been QA'd, they have not been run through an air quality model by the IWDW.