Coordination - 2021
Mark Janssen (LADCO), Julie McDill (MARAMA), Mary Uhl (WESTAR), Tom Moore (WESTAR), Michael Vince (CENSARA), Jeff Underhill (NESCAUM), John Hornback (SESARM), Jim Boylan (GA DNR), Byeong Kim (GA DNR), Doug Boyer (TCEQ), Serpil Kayin (EPA), Jeff Vukovich (EPA), Caroline Farkas (EPA), Sarah Roberts (EPA), Tammy Manning (NCDENR), Eric Zalewsky (NY), Tom Richardson (OK), Susan McCusker (MARAMA), Chad LaFontaine (SESARM), Heather Simon (EPA), Norm Possiel (EPA)
Held the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. This wiki will be used to present the agenda before each call.
- Recent data releases and ongoing work at EPA (Alison)
- Needs for modeling inventories during next couple years (All)
- Ideas for building platforms for non-triennial NEI years (Zac)
- Set dates for upcoming meetings
Alison, Zac, Tom R, Tammy, Jin, Kathleen (for Jeff U), Debbie, Susan, Doug, Byeong, Mary, Jeff V, Sarah, Todd Pasley (NC), Michael Woodman (MD), Tom M, Mark J, Caroline, Jim B, Serpil, Winston (NY)
1. Recent data releases and ongoing work at EPA
Alison reviewed a presentation about recent data package updates including the airport correction in 2017 NEI, SAPRC availability, 2018 platform development for CDC collaboration, ORD's EQUATES project
- Tom mentioned they has some 2018 EGU data and wondered if it would be helpful
- Tom asked if we could review the new Canada and Mexico inventories at an upcoming meeting
Alison mentioned getting questions from various states and contractors on availability of 2017NEI-based projections and MOVES3 data.
There are questions about which state and federal rules are included in 2016v1 and which may not be included either because they happened too recently or were not included for other reasons.
- Zac mentioned that LADCO had recently collected data on state and federal rules
- Susan mentioned that OTC was working updating its list of rules
2. Discussion of state/regional needs
Alison pointed out that some states are using different base years than 2016 including 2017, 2018, and 2019. A discussion of state/region needs followed:
- LADCO is still using 2016 base year but needs 2026 future year
- OTC needs 2026 future year
- WESTAR is working on a base year only 2017 platform
- SESARM doesn't have regulatory needs but will do some planning modeling
- Tom mentioned that a high-medium-low approach for projections could be useful
- Zac mentioned RCP inventories work with multiple projections
3. Discussion of ideas for buiding modeling platforms for non-triennial NEI years
- Zac reviewed the table he prepared considering which sectors might be reused between interim years.
- Some sectors have activity changes, some met changes, and some both
4. Next meetings will be monthly and canceled if no topics available.