Inventory Collaborative 2016v1 Emissions Modeling Platform
We encourage users of the 2016v1 emissions data to provide feedback to the Collaborative on any issues or concerns discovered in these data.
Questions and problems with the data, and problems with the software in the platform release package are examples of the types of issues to post to the forum.
Instructions for submitting a comment topic:
- Go to the CMAS Center forum
- Click New Topic in the upper right corner of the page
- Type in the topic subject (like an email subject)
- Click on 'Uncategorized' and search for *2016* to find the NEI Modeling platform and Collaborative Modeling Platform 2016 categories
- Type in the body of your topic (like the body of an email)
- Click Create Topic to finish the process
A coordination workgroup, ten sector workgroups, and a modeling workgroup were staffed by over 245 state and regional air agency, EPA, and Federal Land Manager employees. The work of the sector workgroups to build 2016 base year and future year inventories is documented in a series of sector-specific specification sheets below. These specification sheets detail the origin of the inventories and ancillary data used to simulate criteria pollutant, and in many cases hazardous air pollutant, emissions for the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The summary stacked bar plots below compare U.S. total criteria pollutant emissions for the 2016beta platform back to 2011 and 2014 base and future year emissions.
The documentation is available as a separate document for each modeling sector:
- Mobile - Onroad
- Mobile - Nonroad
- Mobile - Nonroad - C1/C2 Commercial Marine Vessels
- Mobile - Nonroad - C3 Commercial Marine Vessels
- Mobile - Nonroad - Rail
- Point - EGU - ERTAC
- Point - EGU - IPM
- Point - non-IPM
- Point - Fires - Agricultural
- Point - Fires - Wild and Prescribed
- Canada - Mobile - Onroad
- Mexico - Mobile - Onroad
- Canada/Mexico - Point
- Canada/Mexico - Point - Fires
- Canada/Mexico - Nonpoint
- Canada - Nonpoint - Area Fugitive Dust
- Canada - Point - Dust
- Canadian Inventory Documentation
The Collaborative workgroups reviewed comments received from the community on the beta platform. Where feasible, the feedback received on the beta platform was integrated into the V1 inventories.
Descriptions of the emissions platform cases in the summary data and plots are as follows:
- 2011en, 2023en, 2028el = Final 2011, 2023, and 2028 cases from the 2011v6.3 platform
- 2014fd = NEI2014v2 and 2014 NATA
- 2016ff = 2016beta platform
The spreadsheet includes emissions data for the 2016beta, 2014v2, and 2011v6.3 platforms
LADCO Plot Viewer
Pre-generated, graphical emissions summaries including bar charts, thematic maps, and gridded maps
IWDW Emissions Review Tool
Interactive website with capabilities to generate customized bar charts and maps of the 2016beta and future year emissions
Collaborative 2016beta Google Drive
Folders by inventory sectors with zip files of tabulated SMOKE report emissions report files. See the zip file tagged "annual_reports" in each sector directory.
National Emissions Inventory Collaborative (2019). 2016beta Emissions Modeling Platform. Retrieved from http://views.cira.colostate.edu/wiki/wiki/10197.
Specification sheets (e.g., onroad mobile)
National Emissions Inventory Collaborative (2019). Specification Sheet - 2016beta Platform Onroad Mobile Emissions. Retrieved from http://views.cira.colostate.edu/wiki/Attachments/Inventory%20Collaborative/Documentation/2016beta/National-Emissions-Collaborative_2016beta_mobile-onroad_28Feb2019.pdf.
Particular acknowledgement of the workgroup co-leads is due, as they worked to recruit, organize, and lead their workgroups through the Collaborative platform development and documentation process.
Refer to the Collaborative inventory workgroup wikis for complete lists of the workgroup co-leads and participants.