This Wiki contains documentation for the Western Air Quality Study - Intermountain West Data Warehouse (IWDW-WAQS) Project. Additional Project information can be found on the IWDW website About page.
- 1. WAQS
- 2. IWDW
- 3. Inventory Collaborative
- 4. Oil & Gas Information Repository
WAQSThe WAQS conducts meteorology, emissions, and air quality modeling to facilitate air resource analyses for federal and state agencies, and to provide up-to-date modeling platforms for the air quality research community. The wiki provides descriptions of WAQS developed photochemical grid model (PGM) platforms, model sensitivity analyses and source apportionment modeling. The wiki entries contain additional descriptions and graphics that supplement 3SAQS/WAQS technical reports.
WRAP-WAQS 2014 Modeling PlatformThe WAQS is currently developing a PGM modeling platform for the 2014 Base Year. The IWDW currently has data for 2014 WRF for WAQS and EPA simulations; EPA's 2014 GEOS-Chem modeling results; WRAP 2014 Oil and Gas Basin emissions inventories, and EPA's 2014 NEIv2 modeling platform emissions inventories. Additional emissions inputs and air quality modeling results for the Shakeout modeling round are under development.
- WRAP/WAQS 2014v2 Modeling Platform Description and Western Region Performance Evaluation (MPE)
- WAQS 2014 v1 Shakeout Study Platform
Past WAQS/3SAQS Modeling Platforms
Source Apportionment Modeling
- WAQS Phase II (2011b) Source Apportionment Modeling
- Denver Metro/North Front Range 2017 Ozone Source Apportionment Modeling
- Southern New Mexico Ozone Study (SNMOS) 2011 and 2025 Ozone Source Apportionment Modeling
- Use of Particulate Source Apportionment Modeling to Identify Most Impaired Visibility Days in IMPROVE Monitoring Data
Additional Modeling Results
- SMOKE Emissions Modeling Instructions
- CAMx and CMAQ Air Quality Modeling Instructions
IWDWThe IWDW is a website and dataserver that hosts WAQS modeling platforms, air quality monitoring data from a variety of observational networks and special studies, and provides online tools that allow users to explore, analyze and download modeling and monitoring data.
- State-Tribal-EPA-MJO Technical Work Collaboration Group
- Western U.S. regional analysis - emissions inventories for Regional Haze planning
- Mobile Source Emissions Inventory Projections Project
- Project and Data Request Overview
- Data Request Procedure
- Gobus/GridFTP Data Transfers
- AMET Data Analysis
Projects & Reports
- Monitoring Network Assessments (3SAQS 2014, WAQS 2017)
- IWDW Phase I Status Report
- WAQS Monitoring Network Assessment Meetings
- IWDW-WAQS Regular Meetings and Conference Calls
- IWDW-WAQS Project Stewards
- IWDW Tools Workgroup
- IWDW Operations
- Team Configuration Notes
- Data Tracker
- Disk Tracker
- Tool development
- Data Request Susbsystem - Relational Data Model
Inventory CollaborativeFor the first time ever, states, tribes, multi-jurisdictional organizations (MJOs), and EPA will endeavor to collaborate and work together as peers to develop a national Emissions Modeling Platform for calendar year 2016 (2016 EMP), including recommending methods to support future year projections into the 2020s with expected projection years of 2023 and 2028.
Go to the Inventory Collaborative Wiki