2015_0120 DW Operations
Date: Jan. 20, 2015 2:30pm MST
Time: 1-866-398-2885 and access code 747721
1. Review action items from 1/6/15 DW ops. meeting
2. Data Request procedures
- release and testing of new data request from (e.g. AECOM's pending request) demo
- "packaging" base and future emissions on DW data request tools
3. Concept for National O&G Workgroup repository page on the DW website (Tom) memo
4. Draft document for DW visualization tools. draft ppt
Wrap Up: attendees: Tom, Ralph, Dustin, Shawn, Rodger call duration: appx. 1hr 10min,
1. DW website Data Request Form:
walked Ralph through the new online Data Request Form in anticipation of AECOM's pending requests. A few bugs were sorted out but in general the group gave the form the green light for AECOM to proceed with using the interface.
There was discussion on where the "I agree" check box should be placed in the life cycle of the data request process. Currently it must be check by the the person making the request before the request is submitted. There was no strong consensus to place it elsewhere.
of the wording of the current Data Use Agreement is out of date. make modifications.
Currently, additional data
requests under an existing project have all user input text box fields blank. It was decided that the system should auto populate field entries from previous requests. Perhaps an alert should be given to modify the user input metadata if the intended use of this additional request differs from previous requests under that project. (Dustin)
2. DW website Studies Page:
Rename the link on the Studies page for the "Smoke 2008b" Scenario to something that reflects that documentation is also provided for the 2020 case emissions sectors. Also rename wiki page accordingly.
3. New web page to support the National O&G work group:
Tom gave a summary of
the proposed page and the needs of the O&G work group. Page will have
DW team will prepare a mock up page to present at a Ntnl. O&G work group meeting, perhaps by the 1st week in March. Possibly circulate mock up to O&G workgroup member list (50+ people) and Chair Mark Gibbs. Revisit this on the next call on Feb. 3.
5. Visualization tools planning document Rodger presented a ppt outline of a visualization tool planning doc. Key points raised were:
Re: tool documentation
- providing parameter mapping for model output to obs.
- clarifying PM method used for 3State modeling (pm2.5 cut or i+j)
- note any updated modules that may change parameter mapping for 2011 platform vs. 2008.
- look at spread sheet 3SAQS_2011_Monitoring_Networks.xls for networks with VOCs; species vertical profiles
Re: ENVIRON SA tool
- ENVIRON plans to update with 2011 platform output. CIRA team will migrate code that supports current version (e.g. with 2008 outputs) to DW infrastructure, and populate with 2011 output as these data become available.
Wiki entry for 2008 WRF 36 km precipitation anomaly
2. (Tom) Update Data Use Agreement wording.
3. (Ralph) provide mappings for CMAx chemical species output to various observational datasets (e.g. IMPROVE, CASTNet, etc. )
4. (Dustin) Further modifications to Data Request interface. (auto populate user input metadata from previous data requests within a project)
5. (Rodger) O&G Work Group page mock up
6. (Shawn/Dustin) Coordinate with ENVIRON (Shawn Holladay) on migration of ENVIRON SA tool code to CIRA.