Base 2011b CAMx and CMAQ Modeling Results
The WAQS_Base11b base case model performance was evaluated against concurrent measured ambient concentrations using graphical displays of model performance and statistical model performance measures. The CAMx and CMAQ performance were compared against established model performance goals and criteria, following the procedures recommended in EPA’s photochemical modeling guidance documents. The evaluation included sub-regional evaluations for Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and New Mexico; and evaluations by month and season.
Modeling Performance Evaluation Report (Jan 2016)
- WRF Winter Configuration: January - March
- NEI2011v2 modeling platform inventories used for all emissions categories other than for the 3SAQS O&G basins
- NEI2011v2 Inventories for non-3SAQS O&G data
- 3SAQS 2nd phase O&G inventories
- Reconciliation between NEI2011v2 and 3SAQS 2nd Phase inventories
- PMDETAIL 2011v2
- Residential Wood Combustion
- 50% reduction in all RWC species from the NEI2011v2
- CMAQ run for 36/12/4-km modeling domains rather than only the 4-km domain.
- Boundary Conditions
- NOAA/NCAR MOZART with dust and seasalt set to 0.0
- Snow cover/albedo fix for winter O3