2015_0120 DW Operations
Date: Jan. 20, 2015 2:30pm MST
Time: 1-866-398-2885 and access code 747721
1. Review action items from 1/6/15 DW ops. meeting
2. Data Request procedures
- release and testing of new data request from (e.g. AECOM's pending request) demo
- "packaging" base and future emissions on DW data request tools
3. Concept for National O&G Workgroup repository page on the DW website (Tom) memo
4. Draft document for DW visualization tools. draft ppt
attendees: Tom, Ralph, Dustin, Shawn, Rodger
call duration: appx. 1hr 10min,
1. DW website Data Request Form:
The group reviewed Dustin's new online Data Request Form - in anticipation of AECOM's pending requests. A few bugs were sorted out, and the group gave the form the green light for AECOM to proceed with its request using the new interface.
There was discussion on where the "I agree" check box should be placed in the life cycle of the data request process. Currently it must be check by the the person making the request before the request is submitted. There was no strong consensus to place it elsewhere.
Some wording in the current Data Use Agreement is out of date. Tom will look over the current agreement and provide modifications.
Currently, when a user initiates an additional data request under an existing project the user input text box fields are blank for the new request. The group suggested that the system should auto populate text box fields with metadata provided in previous requests. Perhaps an alert could notify the user to modify input fields if necessary for the new data request.
2. DW website Studies Page:
The link on the Studies page for the "SMOKE 2008b" scenario points to a page that provides documentation for the 2008 and 2020 emissions sectors. We should either rename the link and wiki page to something that reflects documentation is provided for both the base and future emissions, or create a page and separate link for the 2020 emissions.
3. New web page to support the National O&G Work Group:
Tom gave a summary of new web page to support the National O&G work group. The page will have a new look, distinct from the current DW pages, with new header, and generic O&G look.
The DW team will prepare a mock up page to present at a Ntnl. O&G work group meeting, perhaps by the 1st week in March. Possibly circulate mock up to O&G Work Group member list (50+ people) and Chair Mark Gibbs. Revisit this on the next call on Feb. 3.
5. Visualization tools planning document Rodger presented a ppt outline of a visualization tool planning doc. Key points raised were:
Re: tool documentation
- provide mapping for model output to chemical species in observational data sets.
- clarifying PM method used for 3State modeling (e.g. pm2.5 cut or i+j)
- note any updated modules that may have been used and result in changes parameter mappings for 2011 platform vs. 2008.
- look at the spread sheet 3SAQS_2011_Monitoring_Networks.xls for networks with VOCs; species vertical profiles, etc.
Re: ENVIRON SA tool
- ENVIRON plans to update with 2011 platform output. CIRA team will migrate code that supports current version (e.g. with 2008 outputs) to DW infrastructure, and populate with 2011 output as these data become available.
1. (Zac) Create wiki entry for 2008 WRF 36 km precipitation anomaly. Advise on documentation and Studies page link for 2020 SMOKE inputs.
2. (Tom) Update wording in Data Use Agreement.
3. (Ralph) provide mappings for
CMAx chemical species output to various
observational datasets (e.g. IMPROVE, CASTNet, etc. )
4. (Dustin) Implement modifications to the DW Data Request interface. (e.g. auto populate user input metadata from previous data requests within a project, revise user input form fields, etc.)
5. (Rodger) Create O&G Work Group page mock up; Continue work on DW planning docs.
6. (Shawn) Coordinate with ENVIRON (Shawn Holladay) on migration of ENVIRON SA tool code to CIRA.