The Intermountain West Data Warehouse provides air quality data and analysis tools to support regulatory, research, and academic applications.
Through the associated Western Air Quality Study, available datasets include emissions inventories, meteorological data, air quality modeling platforms,
as well as monitoring data. Available modeling platforms support consistent photochemical grid modeling for National Environmental Policy Act projects
and other modeling studies.
2011b MODELING PLATFORM - RELEASE PENDING
Meteorology, emissions, AQ modeling inputs and PGM modeling results are anticipated for release in late May, 2016.
DRAFT MPE REPORT
DRAFT Model Performance Evaluation Report and Final Response-to-Comments
2011b Modeling Platform
FINAL MPE DOCUMENT
Final Model Performance Evaluation Report
2014 Modeling Year
SOURCE APPORTIONMENT MODELING SPEC. SHEET
Specifications for Round 3 source apportionment modeling based on a "clean" CAMx simulation with U.S. anthropogenic emissions set to zero
2011 Modeling Year
MAY 6, 2016 TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEETING
- Documents for Review: 2011b Platform Release Memo; Technical Committee and Data Stewards Descriptions;
- 2025 Modeling and Ozone and PM2.5 Design Value Projections;
- 2011 Source Apportionment Modeling Results.
NEW MAP BASED EMISSION REVIEW TOOL
- Explore WAQS annual emissions inventories with a GIS based user interface;
- Select state or county level pie chart breakdowns of individual pollutant emissions by source category.
MODEL-TO-OBS TOOL UPDATES
2011b modeling platform data are available on the IWDW Model-to-Observation Tool.
- Compare AQ modeling results to observations from AQ and deposition networks;
- Evaluate model performance during specific ozone or PM episodes.
SOURCE APPORTIONMENT MODELING RESULTS FOR THE 2011 MODELING YEAR
New visualization tools to explore WAQS Phase II Source Apportionment Modeling
- Geographic SA modeling results for ozone and PM;
- Source category-specific contributions including a virtual monitoring network;
- Estimates of U.S. and N.A. background contributions.